Saturday, September 11, 2010

Restarting

I’ve been doing my best to return to regular training over the last couple of weeks - the fact that I have a marathon in two months should be enough to scare me but with everything else that’s been going on, it hasn’t quite gotten me there. But I did something, so I’m proud of myself for getting started. I’ve done yoga and pilates, an easy bike ride, and some easy short runs. I also used my Compex Sport Elite to do two endurance workouts each week for each of quads, traps, and hamstrings and to do some nice active recovery each evening. Oh, and I’ve been doing my key core exercises almost every day - between that and Compex, I should be able to avoid getting hurt.


One of the nice things that I can report is that I’m not feeling sore at all. Given that I also picked up extra hours at the bike shop - that is eight-hour days on my feet - I’m pretty happy. And while my runs aren’t phenomenal, I was pleasantly surprised by the pace that I was able to maintain with the level of effort that I was expending.


Keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll have even more good news and progress next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment