Thursday, August 19, 2010

Time Trial Saturday

On Saturday, I’m doing my first stand alone time trial race. I don’t know if it’s going to be easier or harder than the bike leg of a triathlon. Obviously, I don’t have any excuse to not push as hard as I possibly can so I have a feeling that I’m going to be really hurting by the time I get off my bike.


I’m incorporating the Compex Sport Elite into my preparation. Today is a big work day - which for me is a lot of time laying on the couch on my computer and lots of time to run some Compex Endurance programs. I did my quads yesterday so today I plan to do at least my hamstrings and calves. I’ll follow that up with Active Recovery. Tomorrow, as the pre-race day, I’m planning on using the Massage program on everything I can. Thankfully it’s another busy work day so I should have plenty of time for that. My other preparation task is to bring my bike into the shop to change cassettes on my disk wheel and wheels on the bike. I haven’t race the disk before so I’m hoping for low wind and good handling.


My start time is 10:36 am so I have plenty of time to drive to the race site (about 2 hours) in the morning, do one or two pre-warmup routines (probably calves and quads), and warmup on the bike itself. Once I can breathe again after the race, I’m planning on using the Recovery Plus routines both at the race site and after the drive home so that I’m ready for a good brick workout on Sunday.


I’m really excited that the new pads arrived today as some friends are going to be in the same area to pre-ride the Chesapeakeman course that day and, if timing works out, we’re going to meet for lunch after our finishes. With the new pads, I can let them also enjoy some Compex recovery time while we refuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment